How To Apply For A Green Card in the US With The Simple Ways

How To Apply For A Green Card in the US With The Simple Ways

Thinking of working overseas, most of us will dream about the US because it is a country with many job and settlement opportunities.

Green card is a poweful card which shows the evidence of your permanent stay in the US. There are several ways to obtain that powerful card.

Due to the fact that eligibility and situation-specific requirements vary, the application process can be challenging.

A few forms, such as an immigrant petition and a Green Card application, must be completed by the majority of applicants for a Green Card.

Some people can submit the paperwork on their own, while others require a sponsor to submit the petition. Additionally, you will be questioned in an interview about your motivations for applying for a Green Card.

Whether you live in the United States or abroad, there are differences in how to apply for a Green Card.

→ File the immigrant petition

→ Once that is approved by the government, file a Green Card application

→ Attend an in-person appointment to provide fingerprints, photos, and a signature

→ Attend an interview

→ Receive a decision

• Please remember to keep your information up to date throughout the application process because you must be able to receive mail.

• If you do not update your address after moving, your case could be delayed, and you could potentially have to start the process over from the beginning.

• Updating your residence address is an important rule to follow even after you obtain a Green Card because if you do not update your address, you could risk deportation.

Applying for and obtaining a Green Card could take between three months to two years. Several factors go into the decision-making process, including your ties to family members or a job.

Depending on your individual journey to the Green Card, the cost of the US immigrant visa differs.

Unlike the straightforward Green Card Lottery with only the basic costs, employment-based and family-based Green Cards come with additional costs due to the need for evidence and affidavits. Expect the following costs:


Processing Fee

$ 325 – $ 345

USCIS Immigrant Fee

$ 220

Biometrics Services Fee

(photo and fingerprints)

$ 85

Medical examination

(by a medical professional for the immigration process)

$ 400 – $ 500


Immigrant Petition for Foreign Workers

$ 700

Attorney and/or agency fees for a Labor Certification

vary between

$ 3000 and

$ 4000

Premium Processing Fee

to shorten wait times, some of which can be years long

$ 2500


Foreign Relative Petition Fee

$ 535

Affidavit of Support Fee

$ 120

Through the Diversity Visa Program, the United States Department of State distributes 55,000 Green Cards each year. This route is the most open to those who want to realize their dream of residing in the United States, even though some luck is required. Since no nation receives more than 7% of the total Green Cards, everyone who applies has an equal chance of success.

It’s simple to win one of these coveted resident visas through the Green Card Lottery. To be eligible for the drawing that takes place each year, all you have to do is apply. The American Dream offers a wide range of comprehensive services, especially in all matters pertaining to the Green Card Lottery, and is the biggest green card consulting firm in the world. If you are one of the lucky 55,000 winners each year, you are eligible to apply for a Green Card and move to the United States.

Anyone who meets the following criteria and was born in one of the nations that is currently eligible may enter the Green Card Lottery:

12 years minimum of formal primary and secondary education

a minimum of two years’ worth of recent (within the last five years) professional work experience, which required a minimum of two years of training. The last five years must have passed since you gained this experience.

To balance the mix of nationalities in the USA, the following countries are currently not eligible for the Green Card Lottery:




China (including Hong Kong SAR)


Dominican Republic

El Salvador









South Korea

United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its territories



A foreign national must be sponsored by an immediate relative who is at least 21 years old, a U.S. citizen, or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. in order to qualify for a green card in this manner. Marriage is a popular method for accomplishing this, but the marriage must be sincere and not just created for immigration purposes—intent is crucial.

Actually, there are two categories of family-based immigrant visas, to speak more generally about this method of immigration:

Immediate Relatives: These visas are given to people who have a close family connection to a citizen of the United States, such as a spouse, child, or parent. These categories can have an unlimited number of immigrants each fiscal year. Processing is completed quickly, typically taking a year or so.

Family Preference: These visas are for relatives who are more distantly related to a U.S. citizen and for relatives who are specifically related to lawful permanent residents. These categories can only have a certain number of immigrants each fiscal year. Processing is slower, typically taking years or even decades.

A two-year conditional green card will be granted to an immigrant to the US who has been married for less than two years at the time of application. A conditional Green Card holder must apply for a permanent Green Card with USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) two years before their wedding date, starting from the moment they enter the country as a permanent resident.

If the marriage is still going strong during this time, the husband and wife will apply jointly to have the conditional residence status lifted in order to obtain a permanent Green Card. Contrarily, the sponsored person’s immigration status will be revoked and they may be deported if the marriage disintegrates within the two-year conditional residency period.

Your employment may qualify you for a Green Card. Generally speaking, in order to qualify for an employment-based Green Card, your employer must sponsor you through the “Labor Certification” procedure.

The employer must conduct recruitment and file an application with the Department of Labor demonstrating that there are no employees available or qualified to fill the advertised position in order to obtain a Green Card through labor certification. A Labor Certification is not necessary for certain applicant categories to qualify for an employment-based Green Card.

To pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a college in the United States, obtain a student visa. You will then be eligible for an Optional Practical Training post-graduate work permit, which is valid for one year.

After the initial year, ask your employer to apply for an H1B work visa on your behalf. Then, have the employer submit a labor certification application to the Department of Labor as proof that no American workers are available, qualified, and willing to take the position.

Next, submit an application for a green card via the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service of the Department of Homeland Security.

This is a painfully long and winding road, but for many applicants—especially those who have skills but little money to invest and no family in the United States—it may be their only choice.

Direct investment and indirect investment are the two ways to invest in the US to qualify for a green card.

An investor makes a direct investment when they launch a branch, company, or buy an existing company and add 10 full-time jobs for two years in a row.

An investment in a Regional Center project qualifies as an indirect investment.

Of course, this is the trickiest route to citizenship, but those who have succeeded can easily obtain a Green Card under certain restrictions.

A certain level of achievement in the applicant’s field must be demonstrated in order to qualify for achievement-based immigration. One achievement-based category needs a job offer that is permanent. The foreign national may self-petition in the other two. Opportunities for a green card based on achievement exist in a variety of industries. The three most typical categories are as follows:

Extraordinary Ability Aliens (EB-1A). It is necessary to have “risen to the small percentage at the very top of his or her field.” No permanent employment is necessary.

outstanding academicians or scientists (EB-1B). The candidate must be “internationally recognized as outstanding.” Work must be permanent.

NIWs, or national interest waivers. Three requirements must be met:

Work must have a significant intrinsic value, benefits must be broadly applicable across the nation, and the applicant must have the potential to advance the national interest to a significantly greater extent than a U.S. worker with the “same minimum qualifications.” Work must be permanent.

One year after entering the country, immigrants who came to the US as refugees or asylees can apply for a green card. This also applies to an asylee’s close relatives. Asylum seekers and refugees should be aware of the following:

After staying in the country for a year, refugees must apply for a green card.

Green card applications are not required for asylees.

If a refugee or asylee meets the requirements to apply for a green card, they typically do not need to file an immigrant petition with the USCIS, such as an I-130 or I-140. They may directly submit an I-485 adjustment of status request.

Leaving the White House as one of the most influential US presidents, Barack Obama is enjoying his retirement with his family. Let’s see how Obama’s …

President Biden has lifted the ban that prevented many green card applicants from entering the country. Biden said that shutting the door on legal immigration …

Owning American citizenship is the dream of many people. If you meet the requirements of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you will …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.